Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Testimony of Jesus Christ

The last Thursday of every month we have a missionary meeting where about 35 of us get together and receive training on different topics. A theme of this Thursday's meeting is Faith in Jesus Christ. As we are collectively preparing, we've decided to write down our personal testimonies of Jesus Christ. I felt to share it today.

I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. Meaning: I know that he payed the price for sin and overcame death by his Atonement. I know that obedience to his commandments is the way by which we receive his mercy. I know it is the only through Christ that we can be cleansed from sin.

I know also that his teachings bring happiness in this life. He showed us the way as he lived a perfect life and thus is a perfect example. Our personal coming unto him in this life is of greater importance than anything else. When it is rightly the highest of our priorities, everything else falls into place and is measured against our commitment and conversion to Jesus Christ.

I know that Jesus Christ has the power to heal both physical and spiritual wounds, sicknesses, and death. He is the great physician and we must turn to him to access his gifts of healing. I've found strength through his Atonement. He has suffered all that I have, do, and will suffer and can therefore give me aid. I can be relieved by and through him. His yoke is indeed easy and his burden light.

I have gained my testimony by the Spirit through sincere prayer and study along with experience and application. I desired to draw closer to the Savior and invested time reading talks on the Atonement. I also began an in-depth study of the New Testament Gospels. Doing so caused me to think more often of Christ. I began recognizing his hand around me more frequently. I focused more sincerely on living his teachings. Doing so brought me peace and happiness. My deepend knowledge and testimony affected the way I talked to others. My lessons were more centered on Christ and more people that I taught progressed and desired to follow him.

I love the Savior. I need him. He fills me. He guides me. He stands waiting for me to come to him. He lives. I KNOW that he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment